Well my name is Keelan and like most of you who are reading this blog, I have had a dream of flight from a young age. I am a 30 year old (at the time of writing), IT engineer who wants to fulfil his dream of becoming a qualified pilot.
I am the guy who –
- Always wants the window seat.
- Will give you a ton of facts about the plane you are flying on.
- Is more excited about the flight than the holiday at the end of it.
- Books flights by the aircraft operating the route.
- Spent his childhood playing Microsoft Flight Simulator (and flight unlimited).
- Always stops and looks if a plane is flying past.
- Will watch just about anything if it is about planes.
So yeah I am a huge aviation geek and being a pilot has been my dream job all my life. The only way I was ever going to achieve it was to save the finances myself. Over the past 6 or so years I have been saving to follow my dream of learning to fly and I am using this blog to have a record as I embark on the biggest thing I have ever done in my life.
I will be doing my training while holding down a full time job which will be hard work as I will basically be working all week 9-5, then effectively working through the night and at weekends.
Flight training is a high cost, high risk game and the modular route (the route I am taking) has no guaranteed jobs at the end. However as the famous saying goes, you miss 100% of the shots you don’t take!
So that’s all about me in a nutshell and I welcome you to come along for the ride 🙂
Furthermore I want this website to be a resource for everybody both modular and integrated to talk and most importantly help and learn from each other. We are all working towards the same goal and I believe that we are all stronger together and can all learn from each other.