Good news for all wannabe pilots. The Aer Lingus mentored cadet programme 2017 is now open!
The Aer Lingus training will take place over 14 months at FTE Jerez in Spain and on successful completion you will be assigned to the A320 fleet after a 12 week type rating course.
You have until 5pm on the 8th July 2016 to apply for this exciting opportunity.
Please see below this video for the requirements and the link to apply.
- 18 years of age on or before 1st January 2016
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Eligible to live and work permanently in the EU
- Up-to-date unrestricted worldwide passport
- Able to pass an airport security vetting procedure, including a five-year background check*
- Two verifiable references
- Able to obtain an EASA / IAA issued Class 1 Medical, including successfully passing a colour blindness test. Please refer to www.iaa.ie prior to application to ensure you can meet all medical requirements in line with eyesight/colour blindness limitations
*If you are a not an Irish citizen, you will require a current police disclosure certificate from your home country if successful
*If you have resided outside the Republic of Ireland for six months or more, you will also require a current police disclosure certificate from that country/countries
- You must have passed your Leaving Certificate (6 subjects) or equivalent
- You must have obtained C3 grades in English and Mathematics at ordinary level or D3 at higher level in the Leaving Certificate
- You must also have a minimum of 2 higher level subjects with a minimum of C3 grades in the Leaving Certificate
*Equivalent grades are as follows:
- GCSE Maths and English must be minimum of grade C plus
- 3 A Levels taken at A2 level in any subject with minimum grades C,C,D
Where the minimum Leaving Certificate or equivalent grades have not been met, you must have one of the following qualifications:
- A minimum of a Level 7 third level (ordinary degree) in any discipline
- Completed an aviation-related apprenticeship
Key competences and skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong communicator who acts with integrity
- Well-developed decision making skills
- Technical aptitude
- Strong team player with ability to build and maintain positive working relationships and demonstrate leadership qualities
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability and motivation to achieve a consistently high level of performance
If you think that this is for you then you can apply directly on the Aer Lingus site.